The other thing that my parents are awesome at when they come visit is, they get my little unfinished projects done. My mom finished my 2nd t-shirt quilt that I just hadn't finished yet. She also was able to alter some clothes for Janessa that have been sitting on my sewing machine for weeks.
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Mom and Dad Visit
My Mom and Dad came for a visit in April. They were only planning on staying a couple of days but we were able to convince them to stay 8 whole days! We had so much fun having them here. The kids just attack them from the second they show up, scrambling for attention. Being the awesome grandparents that they are they magically are able to give each kid tons of one-on-one time that I never seem to have time for as a mom. They were able to be here for softball games, flag football and even a track meet. I was able to sneak away with the two of them and we went to the new Music Instrument Museum, something I would never do on my own so it was a treat to go with them. Of course we were able to do my favorite thing a few times too - Out to Eat! It doesn't matter what the restaurant, as long as I don't have to cook or clean it up, I love to eat out!
The other thing that my parents are awesome at when they come visit is, they get my little unfinished projects done. My mom finished my 2nd t-shirt quilt that I just hadn't finished yet. She also was able to alter some clothes for Janessa that have been sitting on my sewing machine for weeks.
I kept my dad very busy this trip. He fixed a piece of broken molding in my living room, drilled a new hole for Briella's swing set so she didn't swing so close to the fort AND helped Brady install a new hot water heater!
I know, I know, they needed a vacation from their vacation at our house! Boy, were we so glad they came and loved every second of their visit! We are still trying to convince them that they need to winter down here in the good weather instead of shoveling snow all winter, then we can see them more often!!!
The other thing that my parents are awesome at when they come visit is, they get my little unfinished projects done. My mom finished my 2nd t-shirt quilt that I just hadn't finished yet. She also was able to alter some clothes for Janessa that have been sitting on my sewing machine for weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment