What in the world makes kids these days think they can talk sooooo disrespectfully to their parents?????? OK, generally, Allana is a pretty decent kid. She is on the honor roll, is never a discipline problem at school, goes to church every week without argument, even dresses modestly without even trying to push her limits. BUT she can have the sassiest little mouth on the planet!!!
Tonight we were about to watch a show that she likes to watch. It was paused while Brady and I were finishing up some things. Allana asked that we tell her when we start to watch, then went into the office to play on the computer. We un-paused it and watched the first 20 seconds that shows what happened on last weeks show and were about to pause it and let her know we were going to watch when she comes barrelling in and proceeds to say, "What, do you have the brain of a goldfish, I told you to let me know when you watch the show"...I will give you a few seconds to close your mouth and say, "No, she did not!!!"
I kept my cool and told her to return to the office and type up a paragraph apologizing and explaining why it is inappropriate for kids to talk to their parents like that and when she is done we will watch the show. She returned with this:
"I am sorry for talking back at you. It is not very appropriate for kids to talk to people, just because they are older and have more power over you, you shouldn't be able to speak your mind as in the constitution states, that all Americans have "Freedom of religion, of speech, of the press, to assemble, and to petition." In conclusion it is very immature for parents I mean kids to act in such a way."
I will repeat the title to this post -Free: 13 year old girl!!!
So anyway, I sent her to her room after loosing my cool, yelling to her about how incredibly disrespectful she is and how dare she say such things to the very people who give her everything, a house, food, the list could go on. Then I sent her to her room to re-write her apology and she wasn't going to watch the show tonight. If you can believe it, her response was, "REALLY?"
No, just kidding. Come sit on the couch by me and continue to treat me like garbage! YES, go to your room and while you are at it, make a list of all the things you are given because you are blessed to be born of us, your goodly parents! I didn't really tell her that last part about the list, but I just might!!!!
What a brat.
Seriously.
What am I supposed to do with her?!?
Any suggestions will be gladly received :)
1 comment:
okay that was seriously funny, however, I am not sure if I am ready for that stage in my daughters' lives. All I can say is I had a sassy mouth for a lot of years and I just eventually grew out of it. Lots of punishments over the years but I survived and so did my parents.
Post a Comment