I am so sad, I cried and cried today and even when I thought I was done crying, I cried some more. So you are probably wondering what in the world happened to make me cry so much, especially when I am NOT the type to cry easily.
Well...our external hard drive crashed! I know, you are now wondering why that would make me cry so much. The whole truth is our computer crashed a few months ago and I lost a bunch of our pictures. It was heart breaking but we have 2 computers and much of the pictures were on the other computer so it was horrible but not total devastation. So after that experience we realized that we needed a "back-up" hard drive to store our pictures and extra files. So we transferred all our pictures onto that external hard drive and it was my intention to organize those pictures, print up the ones I needed and save them all onto discs or flash drives. Then...life happened and I never got around to doing it. Then this week, without any warning, it crashed. We took it in to one of those computer places and they told us that it would cost $2,500 to retrieve the info off the dead drive. That was when the tears started to flow. Every single picture that we have taken from about spring 2004 until Aug. 2008 are all g..o..n..e.....
OK, I'm crying again.
The thing that really kills me is I haven't gotten around to doing Briella's 1st year scrapbook so now, no baby book, no pictures of her birth, no blessing pictures, no 1st birthday, no bathtub shots, no 1st steps, no 1st haircut, no toothless grins. It is all gone.Totally crying now.
It is all gone. 4 Christmas mornings, 4 Easter's in new dresses, all those birthday parties and family get together's, soccer games, softball games, 1st day of school, vacations and trips, Grandparents funerals, siblings weddings.I just can't even think about it anymore.
The only thing I can hope for is that someday, maybe technology will get cheaper and we will be able to retrieve them sometime. Or we somehow have the money to do that in the future. So, if you happen to have any picture with my family in them from 2004 to Aug. 2008. I would SOOOOOO appreciate a copy of them.
Still crying.
4 comments:
Oh Rene I am soooo sorry that is devastating.I have had intentions of backing mine up also so I think I will procrastinate no longer!! I wish I was a computer genius and could help.
ok deleted last message didn't think you would know who nanny is SO my brother is amazing when it comes to that kind of stuff.. if you want him to look at it I can ask him. He won't charge you an arm and a leg. Let me know if you want me to ask him!
Shannon Santangeloholowist
holy cow..ok this is Shannon santangelo Not santangeloholowist ARGH
Post a Comment