O.K. so I know when I started this thing I said I was going to try and post at least once a week and I do realize that a week is 7 days and it has been more than that since my last post, well.... I do have an excuse, but it isn't a good one. I have been busy! But, I'm always busy so really that isn't an excuse. I just don't have a big story to tell about or a cute picture to post. Poor me, life is busy AND boring! OK so not completely boring. With 4 crazy kids, a cat, and a new puppy life is NEVER completely boring.
Allana is at softball tryouts with the school right now. I just know she will make the team because Allana is awesome at softball. She is good at most sports but in her mom's humble opinion she is amazing at softball. If she doesn't make the team I may just beat up the coach, which just happens to be a childhood friend of Brady's. Not sure how that will go over since she is pretty buff, but I WILL TRY!
Janessa, whose room is extremely messy the majority of the time, cleaned her room and all by herself! I didn't have to go in there and throw a garbage bag or two of misc. junk away while she was at school. Shh don't tell her. AND she has kept it clean for 4 days now. Major accomplishment! Go Janessa!!!
Robert is a reader! He is reading real books. I am totally proud of him. He just turned a real corner in his learning and some light bulb just went off this last few weeks. I am doing all I can to get my hands on books that he can read and have him reading as much as possible. He still is very defiant so sometimes we skip the reading thing but usually he is pretty excited to show me he can.
Briella is my sweetheart, literally. I don't want her to grow up, in fact my heart aches to think that she just might. I love her at this age. She is talking and pretending and is just funny and makes me laugh every day. She is so strong and confident. She will yell at the dog and the dog actually listens. The other day, Briella was getting bugged by the dog and went to the back door, yelled at the dog to "go out" and the dog actually listened and went outside and Briella slammed the door behind her. She makes me laugh!
Ali, the new puppy, is coming along nicely. She and I go for a walk every morning at 6:30 AM! and sometimes in the evening, if things aren't nuts. She is very friendly and loves to lick, your hand, your leg, your shoes, Briella's butt, anything she can get her little tongue on. She still is a bit rough with Robert, for good reason. He comes home from school and immediately gets her all spazed out, running around the backyard, up and down the stairs and around the house. (Which gets me a bit spazed out too!) He just doesn't understand why she jumps on him and nips at him? No matter how we explain how he needs to act around her he just doesn't make the connection that him being crazy makes her crazy. Oh well, what's one more crazy creature in this crazy house!
I have been busy crafting. The school has a Santa shop for the kids to buy little things for their families for Christmas and I have been busy making stuff for them to buy. I wanted to do it last year and bought a bunch of stuff to make but ended up running out of time (the busy thing again). So this year I told myself, "Renee, you will always be busy, stop putting off doing things you want to do just because you are busy, just do them" So I did. Just don't look at my floors or my piles of laundry.
Brady has decided to sign up to play indoor soccer with his little brother, Sterling. He likes to play sports and is already playing basketball every Thursday night plus all the coaching so what is one more night of sports? right? I just hope he doesn't break something. OK I know I should be more positive. Go Brady!!! (just don't ask me to beat anyone up if you don't make the team :)
1 comment:
Yea, I made it into the blog. Now if I can leave you a message that will not dissappear when I close this page... Having been in your fun home with your wonderfully busy family, reading your blog makes me feel like I am right there watching it all happen. I can see briella order the dog outside. I can watch in my mind as robert goes wizzing by with a spazed out dog at his heals. I am totally impressed with Janessa's clean bedroom. There is nothing like going back to school to keep an adult humble. yea brady! Renee, how do you keep it all together??? You're totally awesome. Love yo mommy
Post a Comment