
For Winter sports, Robert played basketball. He did great and for the first time in his life, his Dad was NOT his coach. Brady took a rare season off coaching.

Janessa played volleyball and we were all amazed at how her abilities had improved from the start of the season to the end. Can't wait to see what she is able to accomplish next time she plays!

Allana made the High School Junior Varsity Soccer team. She started out the season with intense shin splints and couldn't play for the first handful of games but once she started playing, she did great!

For Spring Break we all went to San Diego. We got a beautiful condo just off the beach in Oceanside, CA. We were busy every day with 2 trips to Sea World...

A couple of days on the beach, San Diego Zoo, hanging out with Aunts, Uncles & Cousins and our Cousins from home, the McMurdies even came to hang out with us a couple of days and we all went to...

The Mormon Battalion Historical Site. Here is Robert all decked out ready to enlist.

Spring sports season brought us to lots and lots of Allana's Freshman High School Softball games. She played 2nd base. She did great! She played every game, start to finish. I am pretty sure she is the only one on the team that could say that. She got a few home runs but was great at stealing bases and got on base pretty much every time at bat.

Briella played her first season of soccer. For only being 4 years old on a 5 & 6 year old team she did great! She was able to play with her best friend and cousin, Kylee. Which made her season!

Janessa played soccer as well and turned out to be a superstar on the field. She wasn't even sure if she wanted to play this season but decided to because a couple of friends were playing too. Boy, am I glad she did. She is fast and not afraid to go after the ball!

Robert played flag football again this season. The organization that we play for changed the rules up a bit to make it more like adult flag football and WOW, did Robert love that! It was like a football shaped light just clicked on in his head. He was amazing! He went after those flags like a crazy person. He could almost see the plays before they were happening and be right where he needed to be. I can't wait to see him play in a few years.

I got the wonderful opportunity to go with Janessa's 6th grade class to a 3 day adventure called Outdoor Ed! It was fun to hang out with the girls but it made me realize even more than I already knew, that Janessa is a genius. They did this "team building" exercise that gave them different tasks that they had to accomplish as a team and watching Janessa not only figure out the solution but take the time to work with her team positively to accomplish what they needed to do, amazed not only me, but the other parents and teachers as well.

Janessa also turned the big 13 AND we all decided Brady isn't allowed to lite birthday candles with a blow torch any more!

Another first that happened during the spring was Briella's first crush. I know, I shouldn't make a deal out of this but this picture was just to cute to pass. James was on her kickball team last fall and was on soccer again this spring. His older brother has been on Robert's football team so the two of them had plenty of time to hang-out. It was too cute when we would all be getting ready for practice and ask "are you going?" to Briella only to hear her reply, "Is
James going to be there?" Ha! This picture was just supposed to be the two of them together on picture day but James insisted on wearing his glasses and Briella just grabbed hold of his hand right before I clicked the button. Too Cute!!!

So, I spent the past few months finishing up a few quilts. The first one, a sister from the ward gave me all the fabric that her mom had cut into rectangles years ago using a cardboard outline that didn't turn out all that uniform, so I re-cut all those rectangles with my rotary cutter. Once I finished it up I donated it to a local women's shelter.

I made this cute rag quilt for Briella, super fast and easy.

This last quilt was for Robert's teacher who was retiring. She also taught Janessa when she was in the third grade as well. We all loved her and I wanted to find a way to show her that we appreciated her. It was only afghan size but it was a good thing since I got super sick for two weeks and almost didn't get it done in time.
So, that was our past 5 months in a glance, or 2 or maybe 50. hee hee
1 comment:
Thanks for posting. Adorable family!
Post a Comment