Friday, September 17, 2010

YEA!

Ok, so I fully realize how long it has been since my last post but it is for a really good reason! We moved! Luckily it wasn't across the country again but just around the corner, literally. But, after moving across state line more than a few times since being married and now moving mere blocks away I do have to say, I would MUCH rather move across the country than a few streets over!
When you move far away it is basically a few days of quick pack EVERYTHING into boxes, a full day of loading, then driving to the new destination (which in itself can be a vacation if you do it right!) then a day of unloading and then a few days of unpacking in a new area where you have NO responsibilities/busy schedule/church calling/crap that needs to get done whether you moved or not! BUT when you move to the next block over you load your junk into your pick-up without the benefit of boxes most times, drive 2 minutes and unload it in the living room/garage/kitchen/laundry room or basically wherever it DOESN'T belong but is easiest to drop off then repeat 30+ times! Somewhere around load 20/week 2, you realize that you have absolutely no idea where ANYTHING is and it could be in one of TWO houses! So you eat lots of Mickey-D's and Subway and cold cereal until after about 3 weeks you finally get the last item to the new location. All the while still having a FULL calendar of things to do and places to go and people to see!
So, needless to say it has been a LONG process of "moving" and while I can honestly say, all of our belongings are here, my dishes are all put away, beds are put together (and even in the right rooms!) and books are on the bookshelves without my pictures on the walls and knowing where all my stuff is I can't say I feel moved-in just yet. But I am getting there!
In the meantime, since my last post LOTS have happened, other than just moving. First, and probably most important, the kids all started school. Allana started her first year of High School, Is in Honors EVERYTHING and tried out for the Volleyball team and made the Freshman team, YEA! That also means that she started Early Morning Seminary, YEA! Luckily, Brady does the driving to early morning seminary and the church is across the street from her school so when she is done she just walks next door, YEA! But, with all these new schedule additions and responsibilities to Allana's life, this means new schedule additions and nagging opportunities to my life as well, YEA! In my opinion, which may be different from hers, you will have to ask her yourself, I think she is adjusting well to having to leave the house at 5:45AM and not being able to get home until 8:00PM on many nights, 5:00pm at the earliest. At least she looks happy for the few minutes that I see her each day.
Janessa is in 6th grade this year and instead of being busy with sports this season she is part of the school's Lego Robotics Team, which I think sounds WAY more fun than running around sweating in this 105 degree heat. They design this robot that has to do certain things and then compete against other teams. She is also part of the school's ROCS (Respectful,Optimistic,courageous,Students) group. It is a group of kids that you have to get "nominated" for by doing something positive for your school. Janessa and a couple of other girls went to the principal last year requesting that they have recycle bins in the cafeteria. The principal thought that was a great idea and gave them the responsibility to decorate and then empty the recycle bins each week. YEA Janessa!
Robert started 3rd grade and is already busy on the school's cross country team and flag football AND soccer practices start next week. YEA! yep, you read right, THREE different sports in ONE season! I guess he thought he needed to make up for Janessa not doing a sport or something. All I know is Brady is the one that runs with him 3 mornings a week at 7AM and Brady is the one that will coach him in both Flag Football and Soccer, I'm just the cheerleader :)
Briella started pre-school this year and LOVES it! YEA! She is doing great, after a couple of days of not being too sure about wanting Mom to leave. Yesterday when I went to drop her off she told me, "you can just stay in the car Mom, I can walk up by myself" WOW!!! did that make me happy or what! Briella also starts her first sport next week, Kickball! We are ALL super excited about that. The kids are all fighting about who gets to be Brady's assistant coach for the team. I say, they all can! and I will stay home and read in a quiet house all by myself :) Don't you think that is a great plan?
So I already mentioned about how Brady is coaching Robert in flag football AND soccer AND Briella's Kickball team, so you know what is going on in Brady's life for the next 10 weeks right? Practice, Practice, Practice, Game, Game, Game, rinse and repeat :D My life is basically the same craziness other than since I am Primary Music Leader it is THAT time of year again, Primary Program, YEA! They also asked me to write the program this year as well since the Sister that is supposed to do it is having Major stress in her family's life right now with a new baby in the hospital. At first I was a bit stressed about it, since my plate already felt pretty full BUT then I got the realization that if I wrote it AND did the music for the program I had nearly TOTAL CONTROL, YEA! If you know me at all, and since you are reading this HUGE post I figure you must! then you know that I am a bit of a control freak and would much prefer to be in charge than follow directions. Hopefully, all turns out well and by the end of October I will be ready for a vacation :) Anyone want to come watch my kids while I'm gone???
Can you believe this LONG post is finally done, YEA! are you sick of my YEA's yet???? I promise NO YEA's and LOTS of pics in my next post, YEA! :D

No comments: