Friday, February 26, 2010

Mr. President

I would like to introduce you to President Abraham Lincoln. Every year at our wonderful school, the 2nd graders all get to choose an American in history that they felt made a difference to our country. They research their person, memorize facts about their life, dress up as that person and put on a great program for all the Mom's, Dad's and Grandparents. They call it "Tea at the White House" and the kids have so much fun.
Robert did a great job memorizing his facts and "acting" the part. He even did a great job singing all the songs, which I know isn't his favorite thing to do.
We had lots of fun making his costume. Just don't notice how his bow tie kept scoochin' to the side because of his beard :(
I was really proud of my "honest Abe"!



No comments: