Another Easter come and gone and all we have to show for it is a sugar high and lots of boiled eggs :) Just kidding. We had a nice Easter. The Skidmores got together for a party on Saturday at the church's pavilion. We had sandwiches and salads then played some fun games, had a crazy Easter egg hunt and a storm came rolling in that gave us enough time to throw everything in the cars before it started to rain.
Easter Sunday both Brady and I had to give the prayers in Sacrament meeting . Robert gave a talk in Primary. The master negotiator that he is, he was able to convince me that if he did his talk then I would let him play his new Wii game he got in his Easter basket WITHOUT having to do any Wii chores. (I make my kids do chores to earn time on the Wii) OK I know that sounds like Robert got away with murder but you need to understand he is almost 8 and has NEVER given a talk on his own in Primary EVER! So that was a big deal and some free Wii time is a pretty good reward. On top of that when we got home from church the dog had chewed up the bunny stuffed animal that I gave Robert in his basket while we were gone, so free Wii time softened the disappointment.
Easter was a whole new experience for Briella. Janessa woke her up for church with her Easter basket. She was so excited to see all the fun toys and candy we could barely get her dressed in her new Easter dress.
So, like I said, another Easter come and gone, maybe what we have to show for it is some fun family time, confidence in public speaking and one less stuffed animal :)
No comments:
Post a Comment