Wednesday, December 17, 2008

BRRRR...

Ok, I know I have been bragging a bit about how warm it is down here in Phoenix. 70 plus degrees in December, my kids wearing shorts to school still, you know the drill. Well, it has caught up to me. We are freezing now. Look at that thermostat. 50 Degrees!!! That is NOT warm. I had to rush to the store to buy the kids some coats! I'm not kidding. It went from highs of over 70 degrees to now high of 53!!! Plus it is raining! We don't know what to do with ourselves. It is a good thing we lived in Mississippi for those 3 years and already had all those umbrellas or I would have had to buy those too!

We even had to turn the furnace on. Which was very difficult for Brady. He really enjoys those months when we don't have to use the A/C ! He kept insisting that it would get warmer tomorrow and then we wouldn't need the heater on anyway, and go put on a sweater or something anyway! The house got down to 65 degrees before he relented!


At least it is getting us in the Christmas mood. We get all bundled up, fill our mugs with hot chocolate and sit by the Christmas tree watching the lights and the rain??? OK, so we won't get snow but we're trying!

No comments: